New to The Uni Guide - how we can help you
Our free, impartial advice and tools are here to help you throughout your Higher Education journey, whether you’re a student, parent or teacher. Let's help you find what you need most right now...
Year 11 and below
Students and parents
Year 9 and 10
- GCSE choices advice including why GCSE choices matter (and how to make smart ones)
- Revision help including making a revision timetable that actually works
- A-level choices advice including six things you need to know before making them.
- A-Level Explorer: before you confirm your A-level subjects for next year, use our tool to see what degrees they could lead to in two years’ time
- GCSE results day: everything you need to know, including what to do if you don’t get the grades you were hoping for
- A-level Explorer: if you’re starting to think ahead to university, see the full range of degree subjects you can study with your A-levels. Some might surprise you...
- Alternative pathways: not sure traditional university is for you? Find out about studying abroad, foundation years and apprenticeships
- Course search: got a subject in mind? See what degrees are out there, and what universities teach them with some early research
- Early applicants: our five step plan for getting into Oxbridge
- Subject guides: not sure what to study? Start with our 70+ subject guides and see what a particular subject is like to study at degree-level
ParentsAll of the above, plus:
- The parent guide to university 2019 – download it here (for free)
Make the right university decision
- Year 13 calendar: what happens (and when) so you can plan ahead
- A-level Explorer: still deciding what degree subject to study? Enter your current A-level subjects and see what your options are. If you can’t decide between two, perhaps you can do a joint course...
- Course search: turn thousands of Ucas courses and 300+ universities and colleges into just five choices. Filter by predicted grades, sort, shortlist and compare easily.
- Student survey results: which unis were ranked top for their extracurricular scenes including nightlife, student union and sports scene?
- Accommodation: your options including what to do if you don’t get a place in halls and whether you should consider living at home
- Clearing and results day: what to expect on A-level results day and your Clearing survival guide
Revision and exam season
Revision help: including A* students share their revision secrets, making a study schedule that works and revision no-nos to drop right now
ParentsAll of the above, plus:
- Preparing to leave: 10 essentials to pack, six things you DON’T need to pack and tweet-sized tips to get you ready for uni
- Budgeting: five start-of-term expenses you weren't expecting
First year uni student
- Freshers’ week: freshers’ fair survival guide and 10 things every fresher should know
- Mental health: looking after yourself while at uni
- Life skills: cook and do laundry like a pro
- Housemates and halls-life: choosing the right ones for second year
ParentsAll the above, plus:
- Student finance: Five student bills you need to know about
Second and third year uni students
- Homesick? Five ways to stay connected or get back in touch with mates
- Travel: should you go interrailing?