What is the Million+ Group?
The Million+ Group is a public policy think tank made up of universities, which focuses on research and shaping public policy. Look here to find out who's a member...
What the Million+ Group says:
Million+ is at the forefront of the political debate about the role and contribution of universities to the economy and society. We publish research reports and policy papers and we submit evidence to parliamentarians, government and other agencies.
Who's in the Million+ Group?
Members of the Million+ Group tend to be former polytechnics from before 1992.
- University of Abertay Dundee
- Anglia Ruskin University
- Bath Spa University
- University of Bedfordshire
- Birmingham City University
- University of Bolton
- Canterbury Christ Church
- University of Central Lancashire
- University of Cumbria
- University of East London
- Edinburgh Napier University
- Leeds Metropolitan University
- London Metropolitan University
- Middlesex University
- Staffordshire University
- University of Sunderland
- University of West London
- University of the West of Scotland
- University of Wolverhampton
What other university groups are there?The Million+ isn’t the only university group out there. The Russell Group and 1994 Group are both associated with research and are known for doing well in the university league tables.
There is also University Alliance, and Guild HE, which represents many universities and colleges specialising in art and design, teacher training, agriculture, music and drama.
Some universities choose not to be part of any group – and this shouldn’t be viewed negatively.
- How useful are league tables when choosing a course?
- Explore universities and colleges: accommodation, facilities and costs