Open day questions: chemistry, physics and geology students
Thinking of studying chemistry, physics or geology? Want to know what's involved? Use our list of open day questions to find out whether the course is right for you.
About the course
- Are my teachers also practitioners – still work in industry?
- Do I need any prior experience in this area before I start the course?
- Where will be learning – in lectures, seminars or in the lab?
Facilities and equipment
- What books/equipment is necessary for me to buy?
- How much time will I need to spend in the library?
- How much time in the labs?
Placements and work experience
- Are there any industrial placements/field trips?
- Is there a chance for me to study abroad?
- What is the split between exam/coursework/Group works/presentations?
- Do I need to complete a dissertation/ research based project?
- What is the weighting for each year of the course?
- How can I make the most out of this course?
- What have graduates on this course gone on to do?