Open day questions: technology students
Thinking of studying a technology degree? Find out if it's the right course for you by asking these key questions when you're out at an open day...
About the course
- Are my teachers also practitioners?
- How much of this course is practical and how much is theory?
- How much academic work involved i.e. writing essays?
Facilities and equipment
- What books/equipment will I need to buy?
- How much time will I need to spend in the library/ labs each week?
Placements and work experience
- Are there any industrial placements/field trips?
- Do I need to have practical work experience to do this course?
- Will companies take on interns from this course?
- What is the split between exam/coursework/Group works/presentations?
- Do I need to complete a dissertation/ research based project?
Technology graduate prospects
- How can I get the most out of this course?
- Does the uni have any contacts with industry?
- What have graduates on this course gone on to do?