Ucas deadlines and key application dates
There are a number of dates and deadlines you’ll need to put into your diary throughout the university application process. Check out our calendar for all the key dates…
Key dates for 2019 entry: Ucas application and student finance
- 5 September: Ucas applications open. Universities and colleges can technically begin making decisions as they receive applications, but this will depend on how universities handle decisions their approach – read our guide for more details.
- 15 October: Oxbridge, medicine, dentistry and veterinary medicine/science deadline.
- 15 January 2019: general Ucas application deadline (for most courses) is 6pm UK time – prepare for the Ucas deadline with our special advice section.
- 25 February: Ucas Extra begins.
- End of March: Student Awards Agency for Scotland (SAAS) deadline to guarantee student finance for start of term (based on 2018 deadline).
- 2 May: must reply to any offers or you'll be declined (if you received decisions by 31 March).
- 3 May: decisions usually back from universities for January applications.
- Mid-May: Student Finance Wales deadline to guarantee student finance for start of term (based on 2018 deadline).
- End of May: Student Finance England deadline to guarantee student finance for start of term (based on 2018 deadline).
- 30 June: applications received after this date are entered into Clearing, while those received before will be sent on to universities.
- End of June: Student Finance Northern Ireland deadline to guarantee student finance for start of term (based on 2018 deadline).
- 4 July: application deadline for Ucas Extra.
- 5 July: International Baccalaureate results published. Ucas Clearing and Ucas Adjustment open with vacancies beginning to be published.
- Mid-July: BTEC results published.
- 6 August: SQA Highers and Advanced Highers results published, Clearing vacancies updated (Scotland).
- 15 August: A-level results published, Clearing vacancies updated (England, Wales, Northern Ireland).
- 31 August: Adjustment closes.
- 20 September 2019: last date for applications for 2019 entry.
- 22 October: the deadline for adding Clearing choices and for unis or college to accept Clearing applicants.