Ucas deadlines and key application dates
There are a number of dates and deadlines you’ll need to put into your diary throughout the university application process. Check out our calendar for all the key dates…
Key dates for 2021 entry: Ucas application
- 8 September: Ucas applications open. Universities and colleges can technically begin making decisions as they receive applications, but this will depend on how universities handle decisions their approach – read our guide for more details.
- 15 October: Oxbridge, medicine, dentistry and veterinary medicine/science deadline.
- 15 January 2021: general Ucas application deadline (for most undergraduate courses) is 6pm UK time.
11 February: Ucas Extra begins.
- 20 May: decisions usually back from universities for 15 January applications.
- 10 June: must reply to offers, if you received all decisions by 20 May.
30 June: applications received after this date are entered into Clearing, while those received before will be sent on to universities.
- 4 July: application deadline for Ucas Extra.
- 5 July: International Baccalaureate results published. Ucas Clearing and Ucas Adjustment open with vacancies beginning to be published.
- 13 July: university decisions due for applications submitted by 30 June.
- 14 July: reply to offer by 14 July, if you received all decisions by 13 July.
- 10 August: SQA Highers and Advanced Highers results published, Clearing vacancies updated (Scotland).
- Mid-August: BTEC results published.
- 19 August: Adjustment opens.
- 24 August: A-level results published, Clearing vacancies updated (England, Wales, Northern Ireland).
- 31 August: Adjustment closes.
- 21 September 2021: last date for applications for 2021 entry.
- 19 October: the deadline for adding Clearing choices.
- 20 October: last date for unis or colleges to make decisions for 2021 entry.