Ucas deadlines and key application dates
There are a number of dates and deadlines you’ll need to put into your diary throughout the university application process. Check out our calendar for all the key dates…
Key dates for 2021 entry: Ucas application
- 8 September: Ucas applications open. Universities and colleges can technically begin making decisions as they receive applications, but this will depend on how universities handle decisions their approach – read our guide for more details.
- 15 October: Oxbridge, medicine, dentistry and veterinary medicine/science deadline.
29 January 2021: general Ucas application deadline (for most undergraduate courses) is 6pm UK time. The Ucas application deadline is usually 15 January, but this year Ucas has extended it by two weeks to 29 January 2021 because of the school closures caused by the latest lockdown. You can read more about the deadline extension on our sister site The Student Room here.
Here are your options if you miss the January Ucas application deadline.
25 February: Ucas Extra begins.
- 20 May: decisions usually back from universities for 29 January applications.
- 10 June: you need to reply to offers by this date, if you received all decisions by 20 May.
30 June: applications received after this date are entered into Clearing, while those received before will be sent on to universities.
- 4 July: application deadline for Ucas Extra.
- 5 July: Ucas Clearing opens with vacancies beginning to be published. International Baccalaureate results published.
- 13 July: university decisions due for applications submitted by 30 June.
- 14 July: you need to reply to offers by this date, if you received all decisions by 13 July.
- w/c 9 August: Btec results published.
- 10 August: A-level results published, SQA Highers and Advanced Highers results published, Clearing vacancies updated.
- 12 August: GCSE results published.
NB. At time of writing, the 2021 dates for Ucas Adjustment are yet to be confirmed.
- 21 September: last date for applications for 2021 entry.
- 19 October: the deadline for adding Clearing choices.
- 20 October: last date for unis or colleges to make decisions for 2021 entry.