More about The Uni Guide
The Uni Guide helps students make more informed decisions about their higher education choices
The Uni Guide. Valuable content from Which? University content gets a new home with The Student Room
Which? and The Student Room have worked together to ensure that valuable content from the award-winning Which? University website could continue to be easily available to students, parents and teachers.
From 3 February 2020, the course and university search tools and much of the independent expert advice developed by Which? to help students make informed choices is now owned and operated by The Student Room, as The Uni Guide.
The site retains its design and the key student-facing services. It also maintains the Which? University ethos of focusing on the needs of the student and delivering the highest quality expert advice and guidance, independently and free of bias.
“We are delighted to have found a great new home for much of our excellent university content," says Jenni Allen, Director of Content at Which?. "We chose to work with the Student Room as they share our mission to be a trusted, independent source of information for students.
"We are exceptionally proud of the fact that we have helped millions of prospective students and their families make informed choices about all aspects of their higher education over the years, and our agreement with The Student Room ensures that many more will benefit in future.”
“As part of The Student Room family, The Uni Guide will allow us to help even more students in their educational journey," says Pete Barnes, managing director of The Student Room. "We will continue to develop the site as a market-leading source of guidance and will be introducing new services to deepen the support we offer to university applicants.”
For student finance and other information now available on the Which? site
The Uni Guide is a free and unbiased university advice service from the The Student Room, which is based on content that was originally hosted on Which? University.
Our mission is to help students make the best possible choices and get the most out of their educational career.
The Uni Guide does this through interactive tools, straightforward advice, and key stats (including explaining what these numbers actually mean).
This way, you have everything you need to decide with confidence where you want to spend the next three years of your life studying.
We can help you…
- Find a university course: search, sort, compare and shortlist from more than 30,000 full-time and part-time degree courses via UCAS. Match your predicted or actual grades to courses’ entry requirements to narrow down your search.
- Our course profiles contain full entry requirements, tuition fees, modules and course-content info, and satisfaction ratings from students.
- Learn more about a university or college: view over 300 university and college profiles to get the latest league-table ranking, comments from current students and more.
- Match your A-levels to degree course possibilities: enter your subjects into our A-level Explorer to see the full breadth of degree subjects you could study (including ones that weren’t on your radar).
- If you’re a Year 11 student choosing A-levels, you can use the Explorer to see where different combinations will leave you in two years’ time (particularly useful if you already have a degree subject in mind). Enter the ones you’re mulling over and see whether they’ll lead you down the right path.
- Get tips and advice at each stage: you don’t have to make the journey to university alone. Read jargon-free advice and guides, including guest posts from external experts (admission tutors and careers advisers) and personal student stories.
Teachers and careers advisers – we’ve not forgotten about you….
While you can use the tools and resources above with your students, we have a few extras just for you.
Sign up to find out more here.
The Uni Guide is part of The Student Room, the UK's largest online student community.