The page you are visiting was formerly part of the Which? University website, but is now being provided by The Uni Guide — part of The Student Room. For more information please click here.

Cookies help us deliver our services. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn more

Is it true I need a GCSE in modern languages to study at UCL?

Unusually, University College London ask that all UK students meet certain modern language requirements. So what if you don't have this? Here’s the alternative

A GCSE in French, Spanish, German or other modern language (grade C or above) will do the job – but if you don’t have one of these, UCL says you shouldn’t be put off from applying.

Instead, you’ll be asked to take half a course unit in a language as part of your degree, or you’ll need to study for ‘a specially designed certificate’ while you’re there.


Search The Uni Guide

Find further advice or search for information on a course or university